Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I Survived an Explosion

I had quite an exciting/scary ride home from work today. It started out as a normal ride home. I got in my truck, fastened my seat belt and started the ignition. Right away my A/C blew extremely hot air in my face so I leaned over and turned it off. Then I looked at my dashboard to check what the temperature was outside '117' it read. A little off though, by about 17 degrees. Although it sure felt like 117. I then backed out of my parking spot and began to leave my office parking lot.

I then started thinking about our used explorer that we just bought and how the interior ceiling has a bit of wear and tear on it. I looked up and noticed that the interior in my truck still looks brand new after 5 years. By this time I'm about a quarter of a mile down the street and am dripping in sweat. I lean over, turn on the a/c and...KA-BOOM!! Sounding like an explosion. Followed by all this liquidy foam spewing all over me and my nice clean truck. "OH MY GOD!" I screamed and slammed on my breaks. I looked in the rear view mirror just in time to see the van behind me swerve out of the way to miss hitting me. I immediately think that my engine has just exploded and I needed to get out fast before I am engulfed in a burning ball of fire. I don't even pull over. I just stop. In the middle of the street, smack dab in 5 o'clock traffic. I run through a lane of traffic screaming, flying my hands through the air until I make it safely to the curb. I take a breath, preparing myself to turn around and see my truck in a huge ball of flames. I turn around...

Nothing...

It's just sitting there. Engine on. Door open. Everyone staring at me. Some probably wondering what the hell this crazy lady is doing. Most just pissed off because I'm blocking traffic. No one concerned. No one gets out of the car to see if I'm ok, not even rolling down the window and yelling, "Are you ok.?" I stand there for a minute. Drenched in...something...something sticky. Now I don't know what to do. Do I go back over there and risk the chance of blowing up? No! I just stand there a little longer, dazed and confused. What just happened? Is my truck safe? Everyone stop staring at me and get out of your damn cars and help me. Maybe one of them can go see what's going on. Someone?? Anyone?? No one. So, I slowly walk back over to my truck just waiting for it to explode. As I'm getting closer to it I'm thinking 'Ok, if it explodes now I'll probably just get blown back a few feet like they do in the movies' A little closer. 'Ok, now I'll probably just catch on fire, but I would still live' even close now. 'Ok now, now I would die. There is no turning back now'


I peek my head in the door and start smelling inside it, if it smelt like smoke I wasn't getting in it. No smoke. I went a head and sat down even though my rear was now soaking wet from that liquid foam getting all over the seat. I put it in drive and it sounds good. No weird noises or smells and best no more liquid spewing out of it. The a/c was even still on, blowing cold air right into my hot, sweaty, now sticky face. I take a deep breath and think to myself 'your going to be ok, you survived an explosion' I figure I'll just let my husband deal with trying to figure out what it was when I get home. I only live 6 minutes away from work. Yes 6. I've timed it! I then look to my right, and I couldn't believe my eyes. "Are you kidding me?!!!" I started laughing, hysterically. In the caddy between my seats is a Pepsi can with the top completely blown off! It was so hot in my truck that the Pepsi can exploded all over me and my truck!!!

Now I am completely sticky from head to toe and my hair is dripping wet. My truck looks even worse. There is Pepsi everywhere. All over the inside of the windshield, the rear view mirror is covered. The interior is spotted brown and the cup holders are filled to the brim with soda. What a mess!! I was driving down the street dabbing at the roof with napkins I found in the glove box. I wonder what the people around me were thinking! I now know that I won't be keeping cans of soda in my truck again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)