Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Vacation From Work

This week has been a great week! One of the Doctors was out this week and his nurse was looking for hours, so I gladly gave up mine. She really had to twist my arm for this favor! I only had to work on Monday and the rest of the week was mine to enjoy. My husband took Tuesday and Wednesday off to spend time with us. We didn't really do anything, went to the Zoo one day, shopping a couple of days and the pool everyday. My daughter begged to go to the water park everyday so of course I gave in. Although I couldn't go today. I'm extremely pale. I don't tan at all, I just burn, and every once in awhile I will turn a darker shade of white. So yesterday we were only going to stay at the water park for an hour so I didn't put any sunblock on myself. I don't know what I was thinking. I slathered sunblock all over her, but decided not to put it on myself. I've always gotten sun burnt very easily, but I guess I thought maybe this summer will be different. Maybe this summer I will turn that golden sun kissed brown that I've only dreamed about... WAKE UP JESSICA!!!! Do you think that happened? Of course not! In fact, that hour we were at the pool I got so sun burnt I couldn't even lay on my back last night. So, needless to say I didn't get out in the sun today. My daughter on the other hand doesn't burn at all. She turns a beautiful tan first time she's out in the sun. I'm a bit jealous!

I really think this week has done me good. Usually when I have vacation scheduled we go on an adventure out of town and are really busy being tourist, but I think this has been the most relaxing vacation ever. I made a list of things around the house that I wanted to get done, like paint my daughter's room and organize the storage room. But I didn't do a thing on it. I just spent quality time with my daughter and husband. I would highly recommend a vacation from work to everyone. Things at work can get stressful at times and even going away for a vacation can be stressful. This has been a very stress free week that I hate to see end!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)