Monday, June 15, 2009

A Case of the Monday's

It was such a Monday today. For some reason I just couldn't get going at work. Ever have those days? Not only could I not get going, I was in a grumpy mood too! Last night I got a text from my boss at around 9:30 telling me to "plan" on working with one of the Doctor's because his assistant will be sick today. She didn't even ask, just told me to 'plan' on it. Possibly the start of my bad mood?! What's funny is, on my way to work today I seen the girl that was too sick to make it in today driving down the street! lol! I'm always getting pulled away from my position to fill in for some one else. On one hand it's nice to get out of the normal routine, but on the other hand I get so far behind that it's hard to catch up. Everyone always expects me to help them out, but no one ever wants to fill in for me when I need to be out. I am the only one of the only one's in the office cross trained in all the positions, so I'm last on the priority list as far as time off goes. I'm getting really bitter towards that place! Can you tell?

I've been wanting to find a new job, but it's really hard to find anything in my community right now. I live in a mid-size city that has a lot of large plants in it and they are all laying off right now. In the last 2 months over 5,000 people have been laid off and one of the companies just announced another 1,400 will be laid off in the next month. That has had a whirl wind effect on our community. Mom and Pop stores are constantly closing and other smaller companies are having to lay off because no one has any money to spend. I've never seen the economy like this before. Now is definitely not the time to make a job change. Not only will I have 6,000 other people to compete with for a job, but if I did get lucky enough to get one then I would be at the bottom of the barrel. Then, what if that company starts taking a loss, where are they going to look to cut costs? The bottom of the barrel. I've been thinking about going back to school. I'm not really sure what I would want to major in, but at least when I am done raising my child(ren) I will have a career to start in. Who knows what I will do! Well, I think that is enough ranting for one night! Hopefully, tomorrow will be better. I don't work tomorrow, so that is a start! Thanks for listening computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! :)